2 1/4 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
225g butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 box of mixed fruits – chopped, incorporate with flour
1. Preheat oven at 200oC.
2. Butter and line baking pans.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder. Set aside.
4. Cream butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
5. Add egg yolks, one at a time, ensure each is well incorporated before adding the next one.
6. Add vanilla essence.
7. Add mixed fruits .
8. Alternately add sour cream alternately with flour; beginning and ending with flour.
9. Ensure mixture is completely blend together after each mixture.
10. In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites to soft peaks. [sekejap saja, until the peak tak drop down. Important untuk enable cake kembang.]
11. Gently fold in whipped egg whites with spatula into the batter.
12. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 200oC
13. Top of the cake should be nicely brown.
* Mak amek dari internet; by Sylvia Weinstock